Principle of Ward Leonard Method
Advantages of Ward Leonard System
- It is a very smooth speed control system over a very wide range.
- The speed can be controlled in both the direction of rotation of
- The motor can run with a uniform acceleration.
- Speed regulation of DC motor in this ward Leonard
- It has inherent regenerative braking property.
Disadvantages of Ward Leonard System
- The system is very costly because two extra machines
- Overall efficiency of the system is not sufficient especially
- Larger size and weight. Requires more floor area.
- Frequent maintenance.
- The drive produces more noise.